Friday 14 June 2013

3 week catch up - Georges River Gamakatsu Round 26th May 2013, etc

Sometimes work just gets in the way and that's how it's been the last few weeks. To make amends, this report will be light on words but big on photo's. Let's get going...

The Gama Round held on the 26th May was a bit of a non-event for me. I just couldn't find fish at my normal spots and only managed two legals: one fell to my ever trusty Bingo HB and the other to my favourite SP at the moment, the Bait Breath Fishtail Shad. Neither of them were big fish but I did get done over a couple of times and for a brief few seconds a Trevally really had my hopes up. The two bream (0.73kgs) placed me 26th out of  41 yakkers. Top spots went to Simon Morley (1.97kgs), equal 2nd went to Chris Seeto and Jason Reid (1.89kgs) and 3rd went to Craig Coughlan (1.64kgs). An extra big congratulations to Craig is warranted as he also managed to take out the Angler of the Year for the Gama comps. Top stuff buddy.

In the boaters, my fellow Team Gladiator/Hobie anglers - Glenn Ross and Mark Crompton - were just bumped out of 1st place. They had a cracking bag of 3.98kgs and were pipped at the post by Alan Loftus and Ross Cannizzaro with 4.15kgs.

Fishing has been non-existent for me since that weekend but thankfully others have been out and sent me a couple of photos.

Stewart and Andrew have been on multiple trips, hitting the Georges River, Port Hacking, Shoalhaven and St Georges Basin. Stewart started it off with a nice jewfish one night that was promptly released after going on the lie detector.
 

 This was followed up the next night at a different location. This time, he and Andrew both managed a few each...


Then it was down south to mix it with bream, flathead, snapper, tailor, luderick, etc...


But of course, Andrew smashed it by getting that most coveted fish of all: the Leather Jacket! 
What a champion!


And then just to rub salt into my wounds, Tezza sends some photos of the jewfish he's been getting in Botany Bay, too. Makes ya sick, doesn't it...



So at least I'll be getting out this weekend though. It's the annual Bream Scramble of the Western Sydney Bream and Bass Club. It's open to all comers and is a teams event held on the Parramatta River. Gary and I placed 4th last year so we're looking to improve a few places. If you're keen, you can pay on the day (and get brekky and lunch, too) so just go to their website for all the necessary information: www.wsbb.com.au
Hopefully we'll see you there for a great day and some big fish. Happy yakkin', everyone!

cheers,
Cid

No comments: