Thursday 26 July 2007

Cooks River - 22/7/07

This will be a short and sweet report...because there isn't much to report! : (

I decided to give the consistent westerly wind a miss this weekend and set off for the Cooks River where I know I can lurk around bridge pylons and behind mangroves to seek shelter. It seems though that the fish were also seeking shelter...from ME!

I tried a lot of my regular spots but couldn't even tempt a nibble from a bream. I used HB's and SP's, fished the shoreline, deep holes, bridges and boats for a big fat zero. The water temp was very cool: 11 degrees in most places but I did find one tropical spot that zoomed up in temperature to 11.9. And guess where I caught the flattie? That's right, in that small pocket of warmer water.

The fight, if you could call it that, was something akin to a wet towel that half swam up with me. It was only when I got him near the surface that he put in a few half-hearted tail flicks. He went 42cm's on the lie detector and he probably hated me for putting him back into the cold water. How much longer until summer gets here? Happy yakkin', everyone.

cheers,
Cid

No comments: