Thursday 19 June 2008

Botany Bay - 19/6/08

Last weekend saw 40 knot winds keep almost everyone off the water but I was tempted to chase a few bream in Sylvania Waters. Here you can stick to the canals and find some shelter but finally I opted for a quiet weekend instead and had a couple of well deserved sleep ins.

To make up for it, I made a quick dawn raid on the HWO off Silver Beach this morning. It doesn't get light enough to see clearly until about 6:20 or so and I crept up to the upwelling water hoping for another big King or two. No joy with the kings but the tailor were certainly out in force! The East Coast Splash n' Dash that fooled the Kingie last week was on fire again this morning. Afterlanding half a dozen, with the biggest going 44cm's, the bite as per usual, shut down within seconds. I switched to SP's hoping for Mr. King but every 3 or 4 casts it'd get shredded by a lone tailor.

Deciding to head back in, I started casting a Gulp Sandworm in Camo ahead of me and was rewarded by a nice trevally to finish off my morning. I'm always amazed by how hard these guys go and can't wait until I eventually get to tussle with one of their big cousins, such as a GT, up north. All I gotta do is get up there, I suppose.

This weekend the yak will get another rest as I'm fishing in the WSBB Bream Scramble on Sydney Harbour with Gary Brown. so far there are over 30 teams entered so it should be a top day with some excellent fish being weighed in. Have a look at the website (www.wsbb.com.au) in the General Discussion area for more info, especially if you want to come down for the weigh in and see some of the stonker bream before they're released. Happy yakkin, everyone!

cheers,
Cid

No comments: