Sunday 16 November 2008

Cooks River - 9/11/08

Still working too much and about to go up to Coffs Harbour for a week (but without the yak). Ripped off! I've just finished loading the car so thought I'd better throw this quick report up.

Nice conditions and a good tide last week but STILL the fishing is sloooooow. Plus the water was down a couple of degrees from last week. All up I only managed two decent bream, one falling to a blade over the flats, the other from a bridge pylon on a Gulp Sandworm in camo.

As I was heading back I flicked one of my rigged blades towards a channel marker and it was crunched immediately and I thought I had the bream from hell on the other end. But 10 seconds into the fight I felt the 'thump, thump, thump' up the line and knew it was a good trevally instead. Not a bad size at 46cm's and I was wondering what he was doing all the way up here.

Next week Gary and I will be fishing our first bream comp for the season. It'll be the 1st round of the Squidgies Bream Challenge which will be run on Botany Bay. Man, I hope the fishing improves! So stay tuned next week for the report in which hopefully, I'll have photos of Gary and I grinning from ear to ear because we took it out. : ) Happy yakkin', everyone.

cheers,
Cid

1 comment:

Gatesy said...

I demand a report on the Kingy's


PRETTY PRETTY please