Saturday 13 December 2008

Botany Bay - 8/12 to 12/12/08

I made it out for another few sessions this week but do you think I could land a legal Kingfish (65 cms)? The closest I came was 63 cms (about 4 times) but I did get smoked twice. I caught up with a few different guys out there and on friday morning there was ten of us bobbing around out there.
Once again they were hitting anything thrown. Poppers (from small to HUGE), SP's (all colours and types) and even metal slices. There'd be a frenzy of action for a few minutes then it'd go all quiet again. Then someone would hook up, and another two or three guys would get crunched as well.
Andrew (Rebel1 from AKFF) had been out most days and had a blinder with DaveyG where they landed about twenty each with Davey getting the biggest at 80 cms. But Andrew went out again this morning for zip. Not even a hit. Funny creatures these fish.

No Kingie action for me this weekend as it's the 2nd round of the Squidgie Bream comp. It's being launched from Bayview in hen and Chicken Bay and there should be over forty teams again which will make for a challenging day. Add the forecast wind and the murky water from the torrential rain we've just had, and it'll be doubly challenging!!!

Gary is up on Hamilton Island (catching Coral Trout, the swine) so I'm partnering with Terry for this one. Let's hope I can pull my finger out and land a couple this time. Happy yakkin, everyone.

cheers,

Cid

No comments: