Friday 17 May 2013

Gladiator Bingos and Bream - 12/5/13

The other week I gave Andrew Death a few of the Gladiator Bingo Hard Body lures to see if he could wrangle a few bream out of their homes on them. For those of you that don't know Andrew, he's been lurking around the very top of the kayak tournament scene for quite a few years now and has some pretty impressive results with a 2nd place in the Squidgy Southern Bream Series Grand Final and the next year he went one better and took out the top spot. Last year he managed 4th in the ABT/Hobie Kayak Grand Final so as you can see, he is no slouch when it comes to landing a few bream.

So here is the short but sweet report that Andrew fed back:

"I headed out solo this morning on the Georges River. Carl Dubois recently gave me a handful of Gladiator lures to try. After recent pressure to stop throwing Crank 38's, I decided to give the Bingo's a run.

These small Chubby-style lures swim well straight out of the box and cast a fair distance considering their size. I immediately upgraded the hooks to Owner 16's as the original hooks were a little too thin for my liking.

I ended up with eight legal bream and two flathead. I also dropped the kicker bream (approx. 35 fork) at the side of the kayak. I will be making sure I have a few more Bingo's ready for the Georges River bream competition later this month."

Thanks Andrew and it's good to see them get a good review from someone that takes their bream fishing seriously.

These are already rigged on my rods and along with the Mutants and Hip Baby 40's, I'm hoping they'll  help me secure a good bag on the 26th May for the final Kayak round of the Gamakatsu Hobie Series that is being held on the Georges River. Whether I fish the racks in Woolooware Bay, the weedbeds over at Towra or any of the rocky shorelines scattered throughout the system, this selection of HB's will cover everything. Happy yakkin', everyone!

cheers,
Cid

No comments: